Dennis Foote - Systems Engineer
Setting up a homegroup in a Windows 7 environment can be a very easy way to share photos, music, documents and videos from one computer to another on your network. It has a simple setup. By creating a password, only computers that you select can become part of the sharing homegroup. To set up a homegroup please follow the instructions below:
- Click the Start menu button.
- In the search box, type homegroup.
- If your sharing settings are not set to share, you will have to click (change advance sharing settings) the arrow to the right of home and work, and then click turn on network discovery as well as turn on file and printer sharing.
- Click back.
- Click create a homegroup then complete the wizard.
Once a homegroup is created, you can add computers to that group with these steps:
- Click the start menu.
- Type homegroup in the search bar.
- Click join to homegroup.
- Follow the wizard.